- If classical singing is part of your upcoming performance, or if your workshop, class, arts ed event or other activity will help our members in their careers, we'd like to see it here.
- This might mean choral or solo concerts, recitals, soirées, sing-a-longs, or whatnot.
- You may also submit training opportunities, networking gatherings, general arts events and other items that support the classical vocal community.
- Adding your event to this calendar makes it eligible for mention in The Links (our newsletter) and in Lauri's vocal events column in the Clickable Chamber Music Newsletter, which goes via email to nearly 5,000 SoCal classical buffs every week. It also makes your event eligible for the Community Review program, depending on scheduling, which increases your exposure and could help your online presence.
- There is no charge to post to or view this calendar -- it's open to the public. (Tell your friends!)
- Please include all relevant information: be complete, specific and accurate.
- We reserve the right to edit or decline any submission.
Do you have a login with us?
- Registered users and members should click here to post events directly.
- We strongly recommend that logged in users load their events at least two weeks before the event.
- Load your events as soon as you have the date set!! You can enter events as far ahead as you wish -- you can always edit them later! (See below.)
- Make sure the end time is correct: click the "Calendar" tab to set the date and time.
- You'll use mainly the "Common" and "Calendar" tabs to enter your information
- Use the buttons above and below the text area to add images and links , and to format your post as you wish.
- Use the larger Image button, below the body, to load a new image to the system. All calendar images should be in JPEG format (with an extension of .jpg), and less than 1MB in size (i.e. the size should have a K after it, e.g. 100K).
- Use the smaller image button in the dashboard (the tree button above, above the body) to edit your image once it's loaded or to "hotlink" (load an image URL only) an image that already lives on your site.
- Images should be no more than 800 pixels wide -- if your image is wider, you can adjust the dimensions through the 'Appearance' tab in the image editing window (which lives behind the tree button).
- --> Click 'Constrain proportions' before setting width, and the system will adjust height automatically.
- Enter one listing per performance: do not use a date range unless you're posting an ongoing event over a few days, such as a convention.
- TIP: Here's a shortcut if you have several performances of the same show, for instance:
- Once you have your first listing set the way you like it, click the small 'HTML' button in the dashboard to see the raw source code.
- Select all the code in the pop-up window, and copy the code to your clipboard.
- Click 'Cancel' to close the pop-up, then click the disk icon at the top of the page to save the event.
- Start a new event.
- Click 'HTML' again and paste the code into the window, then click 'Update'.
- Your text, links and images should now appear in the body of the "Common" tab.
- Edit as needed for that particular date.
- Fill in the title, Category and date, and then save the new event, and you're done!
- You can edit your events anytime by logging in and choosing "My Events" under My Menu in the navigation bar.
Submitting as a guest?
- Anyone can submit a basic post to our events manager by webform or by
. Do not assume that including Lauri or one of our representatives in an email blast or Facebook event is enough: your event is more likely to be missed unless submitted directly.
- We are happy to help whenever possible, but our administrative time is limited. These listings will be simple, but we do attempt to make all calendar listings look nice.
- If you have an image to include, let us know: we'll tell you where to send it. We'll load images as time permits.
- We strongly recommend that you submit your information at least three weeks before the event.
- You may be eligible for a free login for your organization, allowing you limited access as a Registered User, and enabling you to post events, audition notices and other items without going through an administrator. To request a user ID and login privileges, click here.
Thank you for posting with us!