This page describes the various levels of membership and usership available, so you can identify what you need and apply for the level that best suits your current situation.
As Lauri's List is designed specifically for a select professional community, there are many features and areas on the site that are not accessible by the public, and several that are only available to our members. This guide will help you figure out what you need and how to get it, pending approval by our moderators. Each section includes a link to the appropriate forms you'll need to request access.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to Contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
have passed our screening process (looking for pro-ready training and real experience), and have full access to the website once they've joined. This level of access requires a paid membership fee, and is designed for those who want to find work. Full members can view jobs, post jobs and events without waiting for moderator approval, and access all member lists and other members-only resources. (They pretty much have the run of the place.) New member candidates must first complete our standard application process before paying the annual member fee. Membership fees start at $50/yr.
at this point?
|General membership criteria:|
- Professional-level classical music training (e.g. a degree in voice at the bachelor's level or higher, graduate degree preferred)
- NOTE: Working pros who have not gone the traditional training route, but who have been working for several years, are welcome to apply.
- Real professional experience in your primary skill (e.g. two years experience in bona fide, paid, real-world professional work)
- Marketable skills (sightsinging, ear training, diction training, language facility, etc.)
- We need musicians, not just good voices -- "but I learn quickly" won't do it.
- With only rare exceptions, young singers who are still completing a bachelor's degree are not eligible. (For returning students, see note above.)
- As of April 1, 2009, all new applicants must be at least 23 years of age.
- For more specifics, please see our Terms and Conditions.
|Add-on Lists (e.g. the Church List and Temple List, with more on the way), require separate eligibility: these tools are designed for the convenience of contractors and sub-seekers, and advertise the services of members who are experienced in particular specialty areas. (More info) |
READY? Apply here.
Not sure? If you think you might be eligible, go ahead and apply -- we'd rather hear from you than not. We'll tell you where the holes are, and what you can do to improve your eligibility. If for any reason your application is denied, you can reapply after one year.
are conductors, directors, singers, musicians, contractors and other arts professionals who have been granted enhanced access so that they can view member lists for hiring purposes and post job opportunities and event listings. This especially includes performing organizations, churches and temples. This level is free of charge, and designed specifically for those who need to find singers and promote events. In order to protect our members' personal information, interested parties must formally request access, which may or may not be granted, based on legitimate, professional involvement in the local classical music community.
- If you're a current or former member, you already have this access -- there's no need to apply again or separately.
- This level does not include access to jobs, other than those listed on the Open Calls board. It is not intended as a replacement for those who haven't yet reached eligibility for full membership.
Guests (unregistered visitors) are always welcome take advantage of our Public areas of the site:
- The Lister Calendar: Rapidly becoming the most extensive centralized resourced for SoCal vocal-related events.
- Training Opps: Our training board is an ongoing list of upcoming learning opportunities, including master classes, business-oriented seminars, skills workshops and more.
- Singerpreneur blog: This is where we post articles, announcements, reviews, kudos and whatnot.
Also available via RSS subscription.
- Arts in the Media: Our popular news feed is a Twitter-based, human-edited resource for arts-related news, reviews, information and interviews from dozens of sources around the world. No matter what part of the classical world you inhabit, you need this.
- Directories: Always, always, get what you need.
- Newsletters: Keep in touch, learn a bit, and get an idea of what we do...
- From our editors: We have several public newsletters, so you can choose what kind of information you'd like to receive. Your contact information will not be sold, rented or otherwise propagated without your permission. Our email newsletters are free and easy to use, and we use Constant Contact's award-winning SafeUnsubscribe(SM) system, which gives you 24-hour access to your preferences, and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more about individual publications, click here.
- From one of our partners: Be sure to subscribe to the Clickable Chamber Music Newsletter, the go-to guide for classical music events across Southern California. CCMN now connects to Performing Arts Live for listings, but still provides weekly independent email updates, in the form of columns and carefully curated links. The weekly vocal events column is penned by our own fearless leader, and with nearly 7000 email subscribers, this is arguably the best area general resource available for Southland classical. To peek at the latest issue, click here.