Do you have a performance coming up that needs additional coverage?
With so many news outlets cutting or downsizing their arts staff, and with our geographical area so spread out, it is increasingly difficult to get enough press or build a strong web presence through reviews and other coverage of arts events.
Our growing team of arts-loving reviewers provides coverage of vocal-related concerts and productions in the SoCal area, primarily by invitation. The reviewers have been screened for professional-level formal education in music and for writing ability, and they're enthusiastic about supporting the arts in the local area. These are not professional music critics, but professional musicians and educated music buffs prepared to create high-quality, community-focused reviews with the emphasis on providing informative coverage for small and mid-sized organizations, small ensembles and individual artists.
We strongly recommend that requests be submitted at least two weeks before your event. We can't guarantee that we'll have a reviewer available, but we're constantly recruiting qualified candidates for our reviewer pool, and we'll do our best to get someone there. More details are below. Thanks!
Do you know about this
Need more? Here's how it works --
- List your event --- Make sure it appears on the Lister Calendar, or send your event info to
. Registered users can also post a new event here, or through the POST menu.
- Request a reviewer for an upcoming event here.
- Set up tickets -- If someone is available, you'll need to provide two comp tickets for the performance you choose, to be picked up at Will Call.
- Assign a reviewer, if available, and confirm with you by providing his/her name for your Will Call list.
- Edit & guide -- Our editors have final discretion, and will enhance the coverage by adding links, photos, etc., as available. (We'll send submission instructions for photos and links with your confirmation.)
- Post the review to the Singerpreneur blog, usually within 72 hours of the performance.
- Share links to the blog post in our newsletters and on our social media pages, to tell the world about what you're up to.
You and your performers can then use this review to continue spreading the word, including it in press kits, linking to it on your website, or sharing via social media. Our hope is that this arrangement will provide you with additional exposure to reach your target audience and bring in new audience members.
Want to apply to be part of our reviewer pool?
More info and application instructions are available here. We'll get in touch with you asap.
Thank you for being part of our community -- we look forward to seeing you!